8 Shopping Tips for Club 21 Bazaar 2014
It’s that time of the year again. The biggest shopping chaos of the year aka Club 21 Bazaar Sale is back today and will last through Sunday with new stocks replenished daily. This year, expect items from brands like Balenciaga, Calvin Klein, Carven, Commes des Garçons, Dries van Noten, Jil Sander, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, Marni, Stella McCartney, Thom Browne, Peter Pilotto, exclusive pieces from Club21 online store and more (see full list of brands here). The reason why it’s a war zone there every year – some of the items are up to 90% off. Think $150-ish for a solid sweater from a luxury fashion house and $80 for a pair of shoes. The mark down is a shopaholic’s wet dream.
Having been to the preview earlier today, here’re a few shopping tips for you before you go to the sale:
1) Wear comfortable clothes and shoes in case you want to try stuff on.
2) Be prepared to queue for hours twice – once for entering and next for paying at the cashier.
3) Bring along your shopping buddy who knows you well, when you become indecisive (TO BUY NOT TO BUY TO BUY NOT TO…) they will come in handy.
4) If you are into the edgier brands that are super limited in quantity, head straight to hall 1. Some smaller labels like Hanii Y, Rag & Bone, Suno are all mixed in the racks there.
5) The shoes – Balenciaga, Lanvin, Marni, Calvin Klein and more – are all at the leftest corner at hall 3.
6) Memorize the international size chart, what’s your size in UK, Euro, US, Italian sizing?
7) If you like something but you can’t find your size, you can try your luck by waiting for the staff to come back with the rejected pieces the other shoppers throw around
8) Don’t go in there with a budget in mind because most of the time you will just burst it. FYI, they accept credit cards at the cashier.
Check out photos of some of my shopping picks on Instagram (@RockTheTrend). The 2014 Club 21 Bazzar kick starts tomorrow Thursday 23 October till Sunday 26 October at the Pit Building next to the Singapore Flyer. Timing: 10AM – 8PM from Thursday till Saturday and 10AM – 6PM on Sunday. There’s a shuttle bus service going between Coleman Street and the Pit Building, for more information on how to get there, visit this link.
Have fun shopping!