The Singapore Night Festival 2015
This year’s Singapore Night Festival, the 8th edition, is not only celebrating the nation’s golden jubilee, but it is also returning with a new theme ‘Glitz and Glamour’. Here’s a quick feature on what to expect this year:
1) There will be over 100 performances and light art installations by more than 30 international and Singapore artists. While some shows are ticketed, most of the performances in the open air are free for public.
2) What’s a night festival without fire? Don’t miss the three 25 minute long performances by Star Alchemy showcasing of its multi-disciplinary flow arts, combining a variety of aerial and large custom-made fire props, and LED technology performance props. 8pm, 9:30pm, 11pm this Friday and Saturday 21 & 22 August, front lawn of Singapore Art Museum.
3) Hailing from Belgium, Theater Tol’s latest performance merges the realms of nature, people and fantasy into one. Join in the parade as it culminates at the National Museum of Singapore front lawn, with a spectacular aerial carousel of angels descending from the heavens and showering gifts over everyone. 9pm, 11pm, next Friday and Saturday 28 & 29 August.
4) Spot the #ANOOKI. These adorable figures, the world’s smallest Inuits, are here to spread joy and a contagiously upbeat mood in the festival. Created by French graphic designers David Passegand & Moetu Batlle, they are easy to spot and highly likeable (just check out their website). Watch them come alive and run riot as they explore and climb all over the façade of the National Museum.
5) Tired from walking around and looking for food? For the four nights throughout the festival, the rooftop of National Design Centre will turn into a pop-up kopitiam as local chefs present their spin on well-loved supper dishes. More details can be found here
The Singapore Night Festival 2015 will take place over the two weekends of 21 and 22 August, and 28 and 29 August. The full line-up of acts and venues can be found here at nightfest.sg