Star Creation 2011 finalists – meet all 12 of them!
With lucrative prizes and rewards that are poised to catapult promising young designers into the spotlight, the second edition of Star Creation, a competition as part of the Asia Fashion Exchange to uncover Asia’s next fashion design talents, has just annouced their twelve finalists.
Amongst the shortlisted ones out of 144 entries are designers from different backgrounds and countries like Japan, China, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, age ranging 20 to 34 years old. Singapore representatives holds three slots, with two from Nangyang Acaedamy of Fine Arts.
Here are the names, age, country and background of the finalists who will be competing for the top prize in May, starting from the first picture on top:
1. Hiroyuki Watanabe, 24, Japan. Freelance fashion designer who studied at the Hiroshima school of fashion – the Hiroshima Fashion Speciality College.
2. Karn Karnjanamai, 25, Thailand. Studied at Thailand’s Bunka Fashion Academy.
3. Maythar Thadavi, 34, Thailand. Final year student at Thailand’s Chanapatana International Design Institute.
4. Anindya Intan, 21, Indonesia. A student at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore).
5. Chen Zhi Gang, 28, China. From China’s Raffles Design Institute.
6. Cheryl Tan, 21, Singapore. A student at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore).
7. Mike August Yapching, 23, Philippines. University of San Carlos (Philippines).
8. Benjamin Neo, 20, Singapore. The competition’s youngest finalist and a student at the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Singapore).
9. Ngo Quynh Phuong, 25, Vietnam. A student at Vietnam’s Mod-art International.
10. Tiang Boon Tieon, 27, Malaysia. Raffles Design Institute (Singapore)
11. Zhang Zhe, 21, China. A student with Shanghai’s Raffles Design Institute.
12. Tsai Ming Hung, 28, Singapore. A fashion design graduate from the University of Northumbria who has lived in Singapore 10 years.