5 Things To Know About MANIFESTO
YES to more multi-label stores. Here’s a new 2,500 sq ft shopping hangout not to miss.
Situated at the redeveloped heritage building Capitol Piazza Mall,MANIFESTO is part fashion boutique, part art gallery, and part alternative event venue. Founded by French designer Walid Zaazaa, this space is definitely chic, contemporary and utterly hip, it has all the right signs to be the next cultural hotspot.
What is so unique about this new kid on the block that has been generating so much buzz? Just google the name to see the amount of chatter online. Here are 5 things to know before your first visit:
1. The store carries over 60 brands with a mix of avant-garde streetwear and lifestyle accessories. The price point can go from $6 for a postcard to $2,879 for a Costume National trench coat.
2. 60% of the brands are making its debut in Singapore. However new items and brands will be consistently introduced to the shoppers plus pop-up stores and collaborations are also in the pipelines.
3. The selection of brands clearly reflects Walid’s aesthetics. Coming from a design background and having worked for renowned houses like Calvin Klein and DKNY, you can expect pieces that are equally clean, minimalist and wearable.
4. There is an online store for Manifesto. Sort of. Partnering with local multi-label boutique Inverted Edge you can see the pieces available online here invertededge.com/exclusive-manifesto
5. The space which is unlike any store space you can find in Singapore is actually designed by a French-Singaporean boutique firm WY-TO architects. They are known for their innovative use of space and at MANIFESTO, you can totally imagine the store doubling up as an event space or an art gallery.
You can visit the store at Capitol Piazza Mall 13 Stamford Road #02-19 Singapore and the official website can be found at www.manifestoshop.com