Five things to look forward to this Spring
Anyone suffering from new year blues? For the beginning of the year, there are plenty of happenings to anticipate – the awards season (Oscars, Globes etc), the couture fashion week followed by the Fall/Winter Fashion Week and then the Costume Institute Gala paying tribute to McQueen. But here we have a list of five other major things to look forward to:
1. The movie ‘Black Swan’ has already been showing in the US, but for the rest who are dying to watch it, be glad to know that the movie which features costumes designed by Rodarte, will be out in Singapore around February!
2. Come March during Paris Fashion Week, we will get to have look at Christophe Lemaire‘s debut for Hermes. Jean Paul Gaultier will be missed, but it is interesting to see how Lemaire (previously from Lacoste) will transform Hermes’s fortunes.
3. Lady Gaga will have a new album out in May and the first single ‘Born this way’ will be released on 13 February. Nick Knight has already shot the album artwork.
4. Carine Roitfeld’s replacement at the the editor-in-chief hot seat at Vogue Paris has not been announced yet, but it should be soon, since she is leaving at the end of January and someone has to do the job. The debut issue of the particular editor should be out in around March or April.
5. Singapore will be hosting Asia’s very first Menswear Fashion Week in March, happening at The Tents at Ngee Ann City. The inaugural Men’s Fashion Week is dedicated to leading men’s fashion, designers, brands and talent, for more information, follow them on facebook.com/mfwasia